Department of Management Studies was established in the year 2009. It offers Master of Business Administration (MBA), a two year full time PG programme. The program is duly approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The Department envisions in developing a competent and committed managers and entrepreneurs driven by values and aims laid by the faculty holding high qualification and dedication backed by the management. The Department is recurrently conducting Seminars, Conferences and Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps (EAC), communication and placement classes etc to improve the employability skills of the students in line with the latest requirements of the industry.
Students studying in the department have the facility to opt any two of the following specializations during their period of study.
• Human Resource
• Guest and visiting faculties from leading Industries, Universities and Institutions are being invited regularly to inspire and motivate the young minds.
• Well Qualified, Dedicated and Experienced faculty members with good academic background are available to nurture the students. • Department library is well stacked with adequate books to enrich the knowledge of the students.
• The department regularly organizes Local and National Industrial Visits for the students to gather the industrial exposure on the various strategies adopted by the companies.
• The department has established AICTE Sponsored Entrepreneurship Development Cell to improve the entrepreneurial skills of the students by conducting many workshops and programmes.
• Separate coaching classes for Tally and TNPSC exams.
• Students are being permitted to attend the meetings and programmes organized by CII, JCI and EEDISSIA.
• Fully equipped DABM Computer Lab with round the clock internet facility.
• For the students to learn beyond the curriculum and improve their listening and speaking skills, the department has separate Communication lab as well.
The department has established the following clubs to enrich the knowledge of the students. The students have an opportunity to prove their ability through the clubs. The clubs are formed to mould the students and increase the competitive levels to show their inner skills in their respective specializations, etc.,
• Marketing Club
• Finance Club
• HR Club